So let’s sum up the basic 5 reasons why EVERY female should be taking some type of women’s self defense course to ensure her own safety.
1) Crime can happen to anyone at anytime. Whether you want to live in your fantasy world or not, that is the harsh reality. At some point in your life as a woman you will flash across a predator’s (mainly male) radar as prey. You will be attacked. You will be alone and you will be vulnerable. And most likely, it will come from the one you least expected. The next question, what will you do?
2) Be the role model for the next generation. We tell our daughters they can be anything they want. How about safe? How do we show them how to protect themselves against rape, incest, assault, domestic violence, etc, if we don’t set the example of being strong and standing up for ourselves by being able to defend ourselves – emotionally, verbally, physically and spiritually? If we continue to move in silence about the things that happen to us (rape, assault, emotional battering, domestic violence) how are we going to help our daughters become stronger and show our sons what is and is not acceptable behavior from a male?
3) Become Empowered. I have watched countless women come into my classes as sheep and walk out as determined, strong, empowered women ready to take control of their own lives. A self defense course can’t empower you; but it can educate you in showing you the options who have to take control of your life and feel safer in your world.
4) This is true LIFE Insurance. We spend money to ensure our cars, our life, our jewelry, disability insurance, travel insurance, our rental property, etc., but yet we hesitate when spending money on a self defense class that can truly SAVE our lives. Women’s self-defense classes have an incredible positive impact on their participants and greatly change lives for the better. Self defense classes provide you with real insurance to protect your life.
5) Do it for those who count on you. If you won’t do it for yourself and the top 4 reasons, how about for those who count on you the most – your kids, spouse, parents, siblings, etc? What happens if you are now dead or incapacitated because of a crime? Who takes care of those that you took care of?
Take the time to take care of yourself and empower your life by taking a women’s self defense class. You just might surprise yourself with what you are capable of doing. And I guarantee you that you will find a whole new strength and outlook that will improve your life.